Montini Catholic Placement Exam Academic Scholarships
Montini Catholic Academic Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen who sit for the Saturday, December 1, 2018 placement exam at Montini Catholic. These scholarships are renewable for four years, if the student maintains a satisfactory GPA and is otherwise in good standing with Montini Catholic. The amount awarded is based on the national percentile ranking on the Placement Exam, which must be taken at Montini Catholic .
• Students scoring between the 95th – 99th percentile will receive a $2,500 scholarship ($10,000 over 4 years)
• Students scoring between the 90th – 94th percentile will receive a $1,500 scholarship ($6,000 over 4 years)
• Students scoring between the 85th – 89th percentile will receive a $1,000 scholarship ($4,000 over 4 years)
Johnathan Weiger "Johnny Always Win" Memorial Scholarship
The Johnathan Weiger “Johnny Always Wins” Memorial Scholarship has been established by the Weiger family in memory of their son Johnny. In August of 2011, Johnny attended Montini Catholic High School for his freshmen year but, succumbed to complications from Leukemia in November of his sophomore year. In his short time as a Montini Catholic student, Johnny was a high honor student while he played on the freshman football team and even during his chemotherapy treatments. But it was his fight, determination and faith that stood out the most as to who he was. It is in that spirit that the Johnathan Weiger “Johnny Always Wins” Memorial Scholarship was created.
The Johnathan Weiger “Johnny Always Wins” Memorial Scholarship is a $1,000.00 renewable scholarship. The recipient of the scholarship will be selected by the Weiger family based on the applicant’s grade school academic record, extracurricular involvement, character and faith. The scholarship recipient will be notified by mail and the scholarship will be awarded at the opening of the 2019-20 school year Mass. (Date to be determined)
Please note that the application gets mailed directly to the Weiger family, not Montini Catholic High School.
Please click here for the application.
John Nania Scholarship - for Current Juniors
The John Nania Scholarship at Montini Catholic High School has been established by the employees of Nania Energy, Inc. to honor John Nania, Class of 1979. They have established the criteria for the scholarship to meet the interests of John Nania, and encourage any student who believes they qualify to submit an application.
The eligible student should:
1. Be a current junior at Montini Catholic High School.
2. Have some need for financial assistance
3. Maintain an overal GPA of 3.0
4. Submit a 400-500 word essay speaking to his/her interest in starting or owning a business and how he/she will give back to society as a business person.
Please submit application essays to Mrs. Maria Hupp '10 in DeLaSalle Hall or email@example.com.