Sports Registration & Try-Out Information
Welcome to the start of the 2018-19 Athletic Season! The Athletic Office is happy to announce that a new sports registration procedure will begin this year. Last year the Athletic Office made the switch to the 8 to 18 website platform, which many local high schools use. As part of that platform, we now have the capability to register students for tryouts/teams and create rosters from the registrations. Below is information relating to the procedure and questions you may have regarding this new platform and the policies. Registration will open on July 13, 2018. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Eric Scott (x173), Carla Fortuna (x164) or myself (x163) in the Athletic Office and we will be happy to assist you.
BASIC ATHLETIC FEE INFORMATION
The fee structure will remain the same as last year, with three tiers and pricing depending on the sport(s) your student participates in. You will be charged the highest Tier Rate for the the combined sports your student is on a roster. (Example: Student is a cross country runner in the fall, $150 fee, but plays lacrosse in the Spring, $200 fee, you will initially be billed the $150 for cross country, but will only pay $50 in the spring for lacrosse.) In addition to the athletic fees listed below, all student-athletes are required to pay an additional insurance fee of $25 ($50 for football/boys lacrosse).
Tier I Fee
Boys Lacrosse and Football
$250 athletic fee and $50 insurance fee
Tier II Fee
Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Wrestling, Girl's Lacrosse and Golf
$200 athletic fee and $25 insurance fee
Tier III Fee
Tennis, Track, Cross Country, Cheer and Dance (Broncettes)
$150 athletic fee and $25 insurance fee
All student/athletes must register using the 8 to 18 Athletic Website. The Business Office or Main Office will not accept registrations for sports, nor will athletic and insurance fees be placed on your tuition account.
The 8 to 18 platform will accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover card payments as well as electronic checks.
Refund requests should be directed to the Athletic Office only.
There are two types of registrations - cut and non-cut sports.
- Student/athletes who participate in "non-cut" sports (football, soccer, wrestling, lacrosse, tennis, track & field, cross country) must complete their registration and fee payment prior to the first day of official practice.
Non Cut Fall Sport Payment Deadlines:
Sunday, August 5th - Football (Monday, August 6th - first day of practice)
Tuesday, August 7th - Cross Country, Girls Tennis (Wednesday, August 8th - first day of practice)
- Student/athletes who are trying out for boys soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball, cheer and Broncettes will need to register for tryouts prior to the first day of tryouts and will make their fee payment once they receive an email indicating that their student has made a team.
Fall Tryout Sport Registration Deadlines:
Sunday, August 5th - Golf (tryouts begin Monday, August 6th)
Tuesday, August 7th - Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball (tryouts begin Wednesday, August 8th)
Tuesday, August 7th - Cheer & Dance (tryouts already took place) *Payment due on August 7th since tryouts took place in the Spring.
No student/athlete will be on a published roster until their entire athletic fee and insurance payment has been processed. Additionally for Fall Sports, the first month tuition payment and student fees must be paid and all community service hours must be current and up to date. (If community service hours are not current, a student will be allowed to try-out, but will not be allowed to practice until they are compliant with their service hours.)
Sport physicals must be submitted to the Athletic Office prior to the first day or practice/tryouts. For incoming freshman, only one copy of your physical needs to be submitted to the Main Office.
The IHSA Concussion/Drug Policy Consent Forms are now part of the online process as part of your registration. These will need to be completed as part of the registration process.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR NON CUT SPORTS
1. Go to the Montini Catholic 8 to 18 website using the button below.
2. Click on the Registration tab.
3. If you already have an 8 to 18 account (would have been created to register online for summer camps), please login. If you have not created an account, please select create an account.
4. Once logged in, click "Begin Registration".
5. Click on the Sport you plan to participate in and then continue to Step 2.
6. Enter all information in Step 2 (student information) that is starred (*) and proceed to Step 3.
7. Enter all information in Step 3 (roster information) that is starred (*) and proceed to Step 4 (parent info).
8. Step 5: You will download the IHSA Sport Physical form if you need a form, if not proceed to Step 6.
9. Step 6: Legal Forms - you must click each form, read it and sign it electronically (Click on the parent/guardian box and participant box). Continue to Step 7.
9. Step 7: Payment. Payments can be made via electronic check (no service fee) or using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express (service fee). Click Submit and you will be registered.
10. Once you are registered, you will receive a payment confirmation email and a sport registration email.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR CUT SPORTS
The process will be the same as above, except you will NOT make a payment. Once your child has been assigned to a team, you will receive an email requesting you complete the process with your payment.
Fall Sport Registration Reminders:
Please make sure the following are completed prior to the first practice/tryout date so that your student/athlete can take the field/court.
1. Student fees paid. (due June 15, 2018)
2. First months tuition paid (due July 10, 2018)
3. Community service hours current and up to date (Freshman - 0 hours, Sophomores - 10 hours, Juniors - 20 hours and Seniors - 30 hours) in order to try out and practice. If hours are not current, student will not be allowed to practice until they are compliant with their hours.
4. Sports physical submitted.
5. Athletic fee and insurance paid for non cut sports OR Athletic registration completed without payment for cut sports.
We look forward to a successful fall season. Good Luck to all our student/athletes! If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Office at 630.627.6930 x164.
Click here to be directed to the Athletic Website to register for Fall Sports.